Calling All Speakers!
Do you have an INNOVATIVE idea for a compelling and in-depth content session that a whip-smart, sophisticated audience will rave about?!
Complete the form below to apply for the opportunity to become a speaker at a 2021 Hawaii Cannabis Expo –is the largest cannabis expo in Hawaii, and provides a platform to advance the marijuana industry by discussing advanced business topics, trends, and strategies to take your business to the next level.
*Note that if you have submitted previously please do so again, as each conference has a different focus and we are looking for different session topics for each conference.
Some overarching areas we want to explore at our conferences in both the marijuana and hemp industries (please note all sessions will be aimed at a B2B audience):
- New trends materializing now or coming down the pipeline for the industry as a whole and each niche
- Emerging market updates in the U.S. and internationally
- Global partnership opportunities and business advice
- Ways to tap some of the hottest markets coming online
- Emerging technologies that will reshape how business is done in the cannabis sector domestically or internationally
- Emerging topics in global cannabis science and research
- Any forward-looking cannabis industry topics you don’t see elsewhere
Guidelines: (please review these in full before submitting)
- For complete information on what we look for when considering speakers and sessions please visit the Speaker FAQ Page by clicking here
- To be considered for a speaking slot complete the form below. We curate content far in advance and work with selected speakers over several months leading up to the conference. Speaker selections will be made by the selection team and notifications will go out to all those that are chosen to speak via email.
- Please submit only advanced/in-depth topic presentations.
- ONLY NEW CONTENT will be considered – speakers cannot give presentations they have given before. Please certify where indicated below that the session you’re suggesting will be all-new material.
- Presentations should last between 30-40 minutes (depending on the topic and structure of the session), followed by Q&A from the audience. You must be an expert on the subject. The selection team will also be looking for in-depth workshop and panel-style sessions and may ask that you alter your presentation to fit a different format or similar topic.
- Hawaii Cannabis Expo enforces a very strict “no pitching” policy. This includes introductions and company logos in the presentation. Speakers cannot expound on their professional background, personal expertise, and/or company history. Be prepared to get to the point quickly and spend the session educating the audience.
- Preference will be given to operators of retail, cultivation, infused products, extraction, technology, and investment-related companies. We are looking for a diverse lineup of speakers including both those who have spoken at cannabis events in the past and those who have not, speakers covering a diverse range of geographic areas, those who are at different stages of their company evolution and speakers who have not spoken recently at one of our conferences, as we strive to mix up speakers between events.
Important note-presentation requirements:
Speakers who are selected must agree to follow specific guidelines on crafting their presentations, meeting strict deadlines, and compiling PowerPoint presentations using the Hawaii Cannabis Expo PowerPoint template. We work very closely on content with all selected speakers which may require revisions during the process that present the content in the best way possible for the audience.